End of Financial Year: What happened in 2017?
With the end of financial year approaching, do you ever wonder what your donation actually means? The donations we received in the last calendar year have contributed to our some of our favorite moments from 2017, including:
- We stood up for our values and did not sign the Mexico City Policy. Marie Stopes International Australia believes all women should have access to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health, including access to safe abortion. We were proud to stand in solidarity with women around the world to fight for their right to control their bodies.
- Our midwife Malena won a Regional Marie Stopes Star Award for her dedicated and courageous service to the women and families of Timor-Leste.
- Thanks to our ferocious and active community who advocated for foreign aid funding for SRH to continue, Julie Bishop pledged more funding for SRH at the FP 2020 conference in London.
- We started talking to girls in Timor-Leste and PNG about their periods and contraception while supporting women-led sustainable pad businesses in partnership with WaterAid.
- We launched our position paper on Climate Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- We continued to promote inclusive sexual and reproductive health services for people living with a disability.
- We continued to advocate for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, promote gender equality and the rights of women and girls to have control over their bodies through access to reproductive health education, information and services.
2017 was a big year. We were able to go farther and reach more women and girls to provide them with choice and autonomy over their bodies and lives.
Every dollar made a difference.
Help us continue our work in 2018. Donate now.